Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Samsung Galaxy S Download Mode Jig (Build Your Own)

After using ODIN 1 click to revert back to stock firmware on my Samsung Galaxy S Captivate Build 1010, my phone became software bricked (AT&T logo boot loop).  To force the phone into download mode there was two options and this post I will provide the first option which I followed to build my own jig for $1.29.
You need to pick up 100k-Ohm Resistors from a local electronics shop like Radio Shack.  I used the following directions from Ademarne post on xda-developers to build the jig http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=889128.
Once you have it built you really need to be patient to get it to work.  Out of the multiple tries attempted, I was only able to get to download mode successfully once, but that was enough for me to load a stock rom back on the device and get it functional.
Below are pictures of my final results.
Pictures
(click image to enlarge)
RadioShack 100k-Ohm Resistors 1/2 Watt            Samsung Download Mode Jig - Build Your Own

No comments:

Post a Comment